Hiring flexible workers
Hiring flexible workers
Why should you hire flexible workers?
- Maternity leave or long-term sick leave
- The intensity of the workload, organisational changes or projects
- Temp to perm solutions
- Outsourcing non-core business processes to external companies
- Process optimization
- Organisational restructuring
- Implementation of new technologies or projects
- Start-up of a project
Advantages of hiring flex workers
1. Fast and cost-efficient
Some companies can also emphasise the result-aimed focus of contractors. Their dynamic work environment leads contractors to usually aim more for quick solutions and results, which can be very useful to your company under certain circumstances.
In addition, you can expect these benefits:
- Instant impact
- Shorter hiring process
- Fresh perspectives
- New generations aim for flexibility and need a quick change of content and responsibilities
A check list
1. Determine your need
Start by determining which specific skills, capabilities and experience you require and how long you expect to need someone.
While the length of the assignment is flexible and you can for example quickly ask them to stay longer, an indication of the length of the assignment will help all parties plan effectively.
2. Decide on what support you need in finding the right person
A recruiting expert will of course allow you to access suitable candidates who meet your specific needs. Our flexible candidates are tried and tested and fully referenced. When required we also undertake any necessary pre-employment medicals and checks.
3. Consider legislative matters
You must also consider legislative matters when hiring flexible staff. This is another situation in which engaging with a recruiting expert can really help; you’ll pay only for the hours worked, with all on costs taken care of. We also take on all legislative matters, including superannuation, payroll tax and workers compensation liabilities.
4. Prepare to welcome your new starter
It may sound obvious, but make sure you allocate an appropriate workspace, provide the necessary logins, resources, contacts and equipment, and give a short induction so they can get to work and add value as quickly as possible.
5. Set expectations from the outset
It’s also important to make clear your expectations regarding the quantity and quality of work required. This ensures both you and your new flexible colleague understand exactly what must be delivered and are on the same page.
6. Be flexible
Finally, while most temporary assignments have a finish date, this can be extended if required. In some cases, an employer may also offer a permanent role. Flexibility is, of course, the key.
Why choose Hays?
Usually, contractors and companies work with a recruitment firm to ensure the smooth working of the recruitment process. Depending on how many interviews you wish to organise (usually two), the time between hiring two people can take up a couple of weeks, though this process can unfold faster by working with a recruitment firm. This way, you can very quickly find and deploy the skills you need.
For years we've been actively supplying qualified specialists to companies, so we can enable you to quickly make use of the active support of our employees – even at short notice. This, in turn, enables you to react immediately to changes in the market.
- We can assume the entire recruitment process and administration for you.
- We give you your choice of highly qualified experts from our pool of trained specialists.
- Using our Compliant Sourcing consulting concept, we ensure that our collaboration with you is in line with all legislations.
- There are no minimum contract periods.
- You have the option of taking on the experts we provide as permanent staff.
- Together with you, we analyse your needs and develop a solution that fits your particular situation.
- We offer flexible workers in operational roles and highly specialized positions.